Tiles in the EBS Portal are granted based on security roles.
- The Employee Self-Service role is automatically granted based on a person's employment status, beginning on the first day of work. (If your hire is not completed prior to your first day, tiles will show the morning after your hire has been processed in HR.)
- Other roles require an Access Request Memorandum (ARM) form in order to be granted access.
"Not Authorized" (& "Not Authenticated")
If the process to hire you has NOT been completed and you attempt to log into the EBS Portal, you will receive the message "Not Authorized." This means you do not yet have security roles assigned to your MSU NetID.
Alternatively, the message "Not Authenticated" means there is a mismatch between your username and password. If you cannot remember the correct password, you may need to reset your password. Usually this is because:
- There is an error in what was typed
- An out-of-date password was used
- You have more than one MSU NetID, each with different passwords
What to Do?
If you receive the message, "Not Authorized," contact the department that is hiring you to see the status of your hire.
Security roles are not granted until BOTH of the two items below have occurred:
- the day after your hire has been approved by the hiring unit AND processed by Human Resources
- your start date
Your start date would normally be AFTER the hiring process has been completed, but that isn't always the case. This is especially true in August and September when the volume of hiring and appointments from MSU departments increases substantially.
If the hiring process is completed and you still have the issue, have your department check to make sure the MSU NetID you are using matches the one on your personnel record. Corrections are facilitated through the Identity Management Office (contact them via the MSU IT Services Desk).