- Gets the job done by doing whatever it takes, within an appropriate time frame;
- Handles and delivers multiple projects simultaneously;
- Implements plans and makes mid-course changes when necessary to achieve goals;
- Sets daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project goals, creating specific plans to meet them;
- Shows persistence in overcoming obstacles;
- Ensures follow-through to desired results.
- Communicates in an open, candid and consistent manner;
- Explains concepts and procedures clearly and completely while maintaining attention and interest;
- Displays sensitivity to ethnic and gender issues in verbal and written communications;
- Shows tact and diplomacy in dealing with others;
- Keeps individuals well informed of key organizational issues and needs;
- Keeps individuals informed about issues that may affect them;
- Keeps others informed on the status of assigned work;
- Delivers information effectively in a variety of settings including one-on-one, team setting, and presentations;
- Delivers information effectively in a variety of formats including letters, memos, analytical reports, and decision documents.
- Is available for work on a consistent and timely basis with infrequent unplanned absences;
- Completes work in a timely manner;
- Meet commitments with minimal oversight;
- Meets commitments with others;
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Understands how to get things done in the organization;
- Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to perform job;
- Defines resources and actions to achieve objectives within constraints;
- Builds effective networks and alliances inside and outside the University, which benefit the unit/University.
- Gathers information on an issue, impartially considering all sides and makes logical decisions that are clear;
- Evaluates positive and negative alternatives within time and resource constraints;
- Uses agreed upon criteria for decision-making rather than hidden agendas;
- Delegates decision-making responsibility when appropriate;
- Considers the total organization when making decisions;
- Keeps the department's long-term goals in mind when addressing short-term issues and problems.
- Establishes priorities that address the details and timelines needed to achieve the intended results;
- Focuses on end result;
- Is flexible and utilizes resources;
- Updates staff regularly and communicates plans to those involved;
- Ensures projects are being completed according to plan and reevaluates if necessary.
- Analyzes and solves problems by dealing with facts and not by blaming others;
- Strikes a balance between being participative, i.e., involving team members in decisions and being directive, depending on the needs of the team and the situation;
- Seeks involvement from diverse perspectives and areas of the department and /or University to solve problems;
- Understands the organization and the affect decisions have on other parts of the organization;
- Proactively anticipates and addresses concerns of employees, peers, upper management, and customers;
- Formulates alternative/creative solutions to problems;
- Resolves sensitive issues without making the situation worse;
- Provides advice and/or information to individuals and teams in a timely manner;
- Makes timely decisions with quality outcomes.
- Focuses time and resources on activities that will yield the greatest benefit;
- Gets work done within a given time frame;
- Sets realistic personal goals and work plans that are consistent with the business needs and strategies of the unit;
- Works effectively under pressure - balances multiple objectives;
- Obtains information and utilizes resources effectively.
- Follows-through on commitments;
- Only makes promises that can be kept;
- Acts like a business owner, taking care of the needs of the unit;
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes;
- Is willing to accept additional responsibility or authority.