Training for Administering Graduate, Undergraduate, and Professorial Appointments
Are you interested in learning the process for hiring a graduate, undergraduate or professorial assistant student? There are two training sessions available that will focus on the hiring process from a department and Human Resources perspective. Instructors will walk through a step-by-step demonstration for appointing a student in EBS and what information is crucial for approval of the appointment.
There are two training sessions available:
- March 7, 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. or
- March 7, 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Understand the step-by-step process for hiring a graduate, undergraduate or professorial assistant student.
- Understand the updated I-9 policy and how it affects hiring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Review frequently asked questions and items to note throughout the hiring process.
- Recognize error messages you may encounter during the process and how to resolve them.
How to Register:
You can register for the training by logging into EBS and clicking on My Career and Training and then the Courses for Employees at MSU tile. Click on Browse Current Courses, then Organization and Professional Development. Then click All Current Courses and select the Administer Grad, Undergrad & Prof Appt course to sign up.
Questions? Contact the Solutions Center at SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu or 517-353-4434.