Faculty & Academic staff Leave Programs and Time Off
At MSU, we understand the value of your time. This is why we offer different leave and time off programs to support our faculty and academic staff for whatever life brings their way.
If you need to take leave due to a family or medical need, you may be eligible for family and medical leave. MSU provides family and medical leave to eligible faculty and academic staff in accordance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Time Off Programs
- Continuation of Benefits While on a Leave to Receive Prestigious Awards, Fellowships and/or Special Assignment Opportunities
- Extending the Reappointment/Promotion/Tenure Review Timeline
- Failure to Return from Leave
- FRIB/NSCL Leave Policies
- Health Programs Leave Policies
- Leave of Absence Without Pay
- Leave Policies
- Leave Without Pay Dates Options
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Study Leaves (MSUE)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
The following forms must be submitted when applying for a leave of absence or sabbatical leave.
- Information for Leave of Absence Form
- Leave of Absence Information Form
- Sabbatical Leave Information Form
For more information, contact MSU Human Resources at 517-353-4434 or SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu.