Resources & Helpful Links
There are many helpful resources available to MSU employees both on campus and throughout the community.
- WorkLife - helping you successfully manage your professional and personal life in ways that allow you to be more actively engaged, productive and fulfilled in your WorkLife at MSU.
- Be Spartan Green - We're not just green, we're Spartan Green. Learn more about MSU's environmental stewardship goals and how you can help.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- connect with the services and resources you need.
- Employee Discounts- save with your MSU ID.
- Family Resource Center (FRC) find information about Family Resource Center (FRC) services and community resources that can help you balance your work & personal life.
- Community Resource Directory- from the Family Resource Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements at MSU - They can be a win-win situation for both departments and employees.
- Tech.msu.edu - Technology Resources for Faculty, Staff & Departments
- Administrative/Organizational Resources- from MSU Human Resources
- People Search- search for Faculty, Staff, or Retiree
- Person Identity Cross Reference
Health & Safety
Michigan State University is committed to the health and safety of students, faculty and staff. Listed here are a number of university-wide resources and units that are responsible for various aspects of Health and Safety issues on campus.
Community Health Services Booklet- health services in the mid-Michigan area.
Counseling Center: Provides support for MSU students.
Department of Police and Public Safety: Police Department for MSU.
Emergency situations/severe weather: Policy and procedure for emergency situations/severe weather.
Health Assessments: Policy and procedure for health assessments.
Health4U: Supports health initiatives for the University and community.
Healthy E-mail Service Evidence based health information designed to improve your health knowledge and enhance your ability to discuss health concerns with your health care provider.
Healthwise Knowledgebase: A tool the MSU community can use to access advertising-free, medically reviewed health information.
MSU Bikes: promotes bicycling as a healthy and environmentally sustainable transportation option for the MSU community with education, rentals and repair services.
MSU HealthTeam: Offers primary and specialty health care services to the general public.
MSU Safe Place: MSU community members who are experiencing relationship violence can contact MSU Safe Place for shelter, counseling, support groups and/or advocacy.
MSU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report: Overview of the University's security resources, policies, and procedures.
Occupational Health: supports health and safety of the MSU community.
Olin Health Center: provides medical care for MSU students and their spouses.
Health Education: provides educational and health promotion services to the MSU community.
Office of Radiation, Chemical, and Biological Safety (ORCBS): Includes information about radiation, chemical, and biological safety, hazardous waste, training courses.
Right to Know: basic safety information regarding hazardous chemicals in the work environment.
Travel Clinic: provides information, immunizations, and consultations for international travelers.
University Physician: health information for the MSU community and links to other sites on health and safety.
Workers' Compensation: Policy and procedure for workers' compensation.