Academic Specialist Manual

7.4 Identification Cards

All academic specialists are encouraged to obtain identification cards. The identification cards are useful for campus privileges. It is inappropriate to alter, falsify, or misuse an MSU I.D. card.

To obtain an ID Card, the academic specialist may visit either the ID Office located in Room 170 International Center, 8:00-5:00, Monday through Friday or Human Resources, Room 110 Nisbet Building, Monday through Friday, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.  A government issued photo I.D. (drivers license, passport, etc.) is necessary for processing.

Spouses of academic specialists may obtain IDs entitling them to certain privileges. To obtain the spouse card, the employee and spouse must both appear in person, present the employee's Michigan State University ID, proof of marriage, and a government issued photo such as a driver's license or passport. There is no charge for the initial card. The cards are available at either the ID Office or Human Resources during the hours listed above.

Back to Academic Specialist Handbook