Helpful Tips to manage your fsa
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) enable you to save money by paying for some expenses – such as medical deductibles or childcare – in pretax dollars, saving you an average of 30% on eligible expenses. In 2018, MSU’s FSA plan administrator transitioned to WageWorks. If you signed up for a FSA for 2018, or you still have funds in your 2017 FSA, read on for some useful information and handy tips.
1. Attention 2018 FSA Enrollees! You should have already received your WageWorks healthcare card in the mail. Your next step would be to register for your online account with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Home Zip Code
- ID Code: the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
Note: If you do not receive your WageWorks healthcare card, or if you need to obtain additional cards, please contact WageWorks at 877-924-3967. Dependent Care FSA accounts do not have debit cards.
2. Still have funds leftover from your 2017 FSA? Not to worry. If you participated in the 2017 Health FSA with our previous plan administrator, CONEXIS, and still have remaining 2017 funds, DO NOT throw away your CONEXIS card. CONEXIS allows you to use these remaining funds through March 15, 2018. Now would be the time to get those new eyeglasses.
3. Ready to submit a claim? Direct them to the appropriate plan administrator. CONEXIS claim forms (for 2017 funds) are available through your online account. WageWorks claim forms (for 2018 funds) are available on the WageWorks website. You cannot use your 2018 funds for 2017 claims. This checklist will also help you when filing a claim with WageWorks.
4. Manage your WageWorks account anytime, anywhere. WageWorks offers a mobile app for submitting receipts and reimbursements. Download it from the Play Store or App Store by searching for “WageWorks EZ Receipts.” Learn more about the WageWorks EZ Receipts app.