Internet Explorer: Helpful Settings
The information below is relevant for the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) Portal and the HR and Payroll functions within the portal. For information on compatibility with other EBS Systems, such as Finance and Business Intelligence, see the Compatibility Matrix.
These settings are recommended to improve your experience using the EBS Portal and HR/Payroll links. See detailed instructions below.
- Delete Browser History/Clear Cache
- Open as a Tab rather than New Window
- Reset Internet Explorer
At times it is helpful to “clear the cache’” that is, delete the history of sites saved by the browser. To do this:
- Press the Control, Shift, and Delete keys together
(or navigate: Tools > Internet Options > and under “Browsing history”...)
- Make sure the following are set:
- Uncheck – Preserve Favorites website data
- Check – Temporary Internet files and website data
- Check – Cookies and website data
- Check - History
- Choose the “Delete” button
Opening a new tab rather than a new window may be preferred. To do this:
- Click the “Tools” icon select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Tabs" button
- Under “When a pop-up is encountered:” select the "Always open pop-ups in a new window" option
- Close the window
A minimum screen resolution of 1200 wide and 960 high is recommended to avoid unnecessary scrolling.
Some browsers will allow you to reuse (autocomplete) a recent field entry. In order to use autocomplete in the SAP GUI for HTML, the following settings are required:
- Click the "Tools" icon in the upper right corner
- Choose "Internet Options"
- Go to the "Content" tab
- In the "Autocomplete" area choose the “Settings” button
- Make sure the “Forms and Searches" box is checked
- Go to the "General" tab
Reset Internet Explorer
Occassionally problems arise that can only be resolved by resetting Internet Explorer to default settings. Note, this requires a restart of your computer.
- Click the "Tools" icon
- Select "Internet Options"
- Go to the "Advanced" tab
- Press the "Reset..." button
- Confirm the action and follow directions on screen. You will be asked to restart your computer.
- After restarting, restore required settings for Internet Explorer