Mozilla Firefox ESR: Helpful Settings
The information below is relevant for the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) Portal and the HR and Payroll functions within the portal. For information on compatibility with other EBS Systems, such as Finance and Business Intelligence, see the Compatibility Matrix.
These settings are recommended to improve your experience using the EBS Portal and HR/Payroll links. See detailed instructions below.
At times it is helpful to “clear the cache’” that is, delete the history of sites saved by the browser. To do this:
- Press the Control, Shift, and Delete keys together (or click the menu button (three parallel lines) in the upper right, and select “History”, then “Clear Recent History”)
- For the time range to clear, select “Everything”
- Then click the “Clear Now” button
Opening a new tab rather than a new window may be preferred. To do this:
- Click the “Open Menu” icon
- Then choose "Options"
- On the "General" tab, under “Tabs” check the box “Open links in tabs instead of new windows”
- Close the extra browser tab
The setting above will not open all windows in a new tab, however. To make sure all windows open as new tabs, take these additional steps (this may be restricted by your unit's network administrator or desktop support). Allow for downloads in Firefox
A minimum screen resolution of 1200 wide and 960 high is recommended to avoid unnecessary scrolling.
Some browsers will allow you to reuse (autocomplete) a recent field entry. In order to use autocomplete in the SAP GUI for HTML, the following settings are required:
Arrow down to values, select the value, press the Tab key