Microsoft Edge: Basic Settings
The information below is relevant for the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) Portal and the HR and Payroll functions within the portal. For information on compatibility with other EBS Systems, such as Finance and Business Intelligence, see the Compatibility Matrix.
Many applications require additional settings on the browser to work properly. See detailed instructions below.
The default browser should be Internet Explorer. New windows opened from a different browser use the default browser, which can cause a problem if the default browser is not supported for that application.
- Search for the "Control Panel"
- Choose the Category "Programs"
- Select "Default Programs"
- Choose "Set your Default Programs"
- Under "Web Browser" click the browser that is displayed, and change it to "Internet Explorer"
- Close the windows
- Click More located on the top-right corner
- Select Settings
- Scroll down and click View advanced settings
- Under Cookies, choose Don't block cookies
Many links will open a new window. Make sure that the browser allows for pop-ups.
- From the "More" (three dots) icon in the upper right of the browser window.
- Choose "Settings."
- Then scroll down and choose "View Advanced Settings"
- Under "Block pop-ups" make sure the slider is set to off.
Browsers should be set to have English as the first language. Items may not display properly on screen if this is set to some other language.
- From the "Start" menu search for "Control Panel"
- Choose "Language"
- Make sure "English (United States)" is the first entry on the list.
Having the zoom on the screen set to anything other than 100% can result in improper display of the screen, including a flickering screen. To set the zoom to 100%:
- Choose the "More" (three dots) icon in the upper right of the browser window.
- Change the Zoom plus (+) or minus (-) icons until 100% is displayed.