Roles/Groups/Tiles: New Employees
Tiles in the EBS Portal are granted based on security roles.
- The Employee Self-Service role is automatically granted based on a person's employment status.
- Other roles require an Access Request Memorandum (ARM) form in order to be granted access.
Tile Everyone Has
However, the following tiles are available to anyone who can log into the EBS Portal. Though all employees have two tiles for HR, what, if any, data shows is dependent on having proper security roles.
- HR/Payroll Inbox
- HR Forms Workflow Report
- Non-Stock Orders (Open Orders)
If the process to hire you has NOT been completed and you attempt to log into the EBS Portal, either of the two cases below may happen.
- The above tiles are the ONLY tiles you see when logging into the EBS Portal
- You receive the message "Not Authorized"
What to Do?
Contact the department that is hiring you to see the status of your hire. Security roles are not granted until the night AFTER your hire has been both approved by the hiring unit and processed by Human Resources.
If the hiring process is completed and you still have the issue, have your department check to make sure the MSU NetID you are using matches that on your personnel record. Corrections can be facilitate through the Identity Management Office, which is contacted via the MSU IT Services Desk.