HR Forms Workflow activity report
Forms are submitted into workflow and routed to approvers through the HR-Payroll Inbox. This Report is used to track and monitor forms through the approval process.
- Enter information in one of the available fields:
- Reference Number
- Process Initiator
- Personnel Number
- Click Search
- Highlight any of the returned results by clicking the square to the left of the result
- Click Details
The report allows users the ability to see several key pieces of workflow information:
- A list of all forms submitted into workflow.
- A current location and status of each form.
- The entire workflow route of the form from beginning to end.
- A list of all organizational units involved in the approval process.
- A list of the individual approvers for each step in the approval process.
- The contact information for each approver.
- The details/data on a submitted form.
*Access to this information has not chagned and continues to be role/processor dependent.
The report maintains data confidentiality. Users can only open and view information contained in a form if they initiated or took action (approve, rejected, withdrew) on the item.
Using the Report
Search Criteria Layout
The report displays initially with four possible search criteria: Reference Number, Process Initiator, Start Date and Position Number. The search criteria fields are followed by “Operators” which help to define the search parameters. Finally, there are blank or input fields which allow you the ability to enter or select specific data to narrow the results.
Initial Search Criteria
1. Reference number - Enter the full Reference Number in the blank field. If the full number is unknown, use the Search box pop-up. If a partial Reference Number is known, change the Operator from “Is” to “Contains”.
2. Process Initiator - Enter the initiator’s NetID in the blank field. If NetID is unknown use the search box to search for NetID by Last Name, First Name or partial NetID.
3. Start Date – This date refers to date the form was submitted into workflow not the effective date of the form. The report pre-populates with a start date of 1 calendar year from today’s date and an end date of 12/31/9999. Adjust the start date if searching for forms submitted into workflow more than a year ago.
4. Personnel Number – This search finds forms associated with the employee whom is the subject of the form, not the initiator of the form. If the Personnel number is unknown, the search box allows for a partial number or search by first or last name.
Additional Search Criteria
Additional Search Criteria selections are available to assist with a more direct search of forms submitted into workflow. The additional search criteria can be selected by clicking the down arrow on any of the existing selections.
There are five additional search criteria available.
1. Position Number – Use the position number search criteria to find forms associated with postings. A position number always begins with the number 3. A Position number search requires exact position number for entry on the initial search screen. If the full position number is unknown, use the Search box pop-up.
2. Process Name – Search for all forms submitted for a specific process. Ex. FAS Change of Status, Student Hire. The search box provides an entire list of all available processes.
3. Process Status - Locate forms that are in a status of: Draft, In Process, Completed, or Cancelled. To view a list of all available forms status’ click the search help box.
4. Application Type - Utilizing this search criteria will differentiate between position specific forms and personnel specific forms. Personnel Development forms are forms that create or change positions. Personnel Administration forms are forms that hire, change, or terminate an employee.
5. Processor – A processor of a form, is anyone who has taken action on a form. Entering an employee’s NetID in the available form will display all forms the employee has submitted, rejected, or approved.
As stated above, the report defaults with four possible search criteria. However, clicking the plus icon next to any of the available fields will add an additional search criteria. Conversely, clicking the minus icon next to any available field will remove the search criteria.
Utilizing more than one search criteria at a time is a great way to refine the returned results. As an example, to view all termination forms still in process for a specific processor: select Termination as the Process Name, In Process as the Process Status, and enter an employee's NetID as the Processor.
The ability to exclude specific search criteria is also available with this report. This functionality will be helpful when search for all forms submitted except certain types of forms. For example, to find all the forms you've submitted except the termination forms, you would place your name in the Process Initiator field and then Exclude from Results the Process Name of Termination.
Saving a Search
The report allows for the ability to save searches for future use. Therefore, if the a search will repeatedly be performed, it would be advisable to save the search. To save a search, simply give the search a Title and click the Save icon.
The saved search can then be accessed from the Saved Searches drop down.
Default Global Variants
By default, the report will contain two global variants within the saved searches drop down. The global variants are My In-Process and My Completed. Both variants will capture the user login credentials to populate the processor field along with the process statuses to retrieve the appropriate results. Additionally, the tile for the HR Forms Report will display the number of forms that are currently in-process.
By default, the report will only return a maximum of 100 results. To view a specific amount change the number in the available field. To view unlimited results, uncheck the Maximum Number of Results checkbox.
Clicking the Reset to Default button will reset all search criteria and available fields to the view of the report when first accessed.
Clicking the Clear Entries button will preserve the displayed search criteria but clear the data entered in the available fields.
Clicking the Search button will execute the report.
Once the report is executed, the report results are displayed.
By default, the Results List displays the following information about each returned result:
- Process Name – Title of the submitted form
- Last Name* – Last name of the employee for whom the for was submitted
- First Name* – First Name of the employee for whom the for was submitted
- Ref. No. – The reference number of the submitted form
- Process Status – The current status of the form within workflow
- Effective Date – If approved, the date the resulting action will occur
- PERNR or Position # - The employee’s personnel number or the position number of the posting
- Process Initiator – The UserID of the employee who submitted the form
- Start Date – The date the form was submitted into workflow
- End Date* – The date the form completed workflow, either by final approval or by cancellation
- Business Status* – A Central HR defined status of a form within the Central HR inbox
- PSA – The Personnel Sub Area of the employee
- ESG – The Employee Sub Group of the employee
- Object Type - The application type of the requested form, either Person or Position
* There may not be data to populate these fields depending on the search criteria entered.
To add, remove or change the column order and/or defaults, click the Personalization button.