Graduate assistant health insurance waiver
As a graduate assistant, you will automatically be enrolled in the MSU Graduate Assistant Health Insurance Plan and the insurance premium will be paid by MSU. If you would like to waive coverage, you must demonstrate you have comparable coverage. If you want to waive out of this coverage, you can apply to do so under your StuInfo account.
In order to waive the MSU Graduate Assistant Health Insurance Plan, your coverage must meet minimum criteria to receive approval:
- Does your plan cover inpatient hospital services?
- Does your plan cover outpatient hospital services?
- Does your plan provide coverage for the waiver period requested?
Waiver Periods and Deadlines:
- Fall/Annual: July 3 – September 30
- Spring I: October 12 – February 15
- Spring II: October 12 – February 15
- Spring III: March 14 – June 30
If you do not complete a waiver prior to the deadline, you will have to wait until the next waiver period to waive coverage.
If you have questions regarding the waiver criteria or process, please contact MSU Human Resources at 800-353-4434 or email SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu.