Sample Memo Regarding a Time-Limited Flexible Schedule Arrangement to Meet a Specific Short-Term Need
(Employee Name), this memo is to confirm that your request for an alternative work schedule throughout the fall 2011 academic semester has been approved, subject to the agreement outlined below. It will be our understanding that:
- You will be away from the office for part of Monday and Wednesday afternoons this semester for the sole purpose of teaching a 4-credit class on campus for another department.
- During this period, you will adjust your daily departure and arrival times to ensure that you never work less than 40 hours for our department in any given week.
- As usual, any use of vacation time or personal leave hours to account for any of your working hours must be arranged with me in advance.
- You will keep track of your work hours and be able to document them upon request at any time.
- At the conclusion of the semester, we will review together how well this alternative schedule worked and discuss whether there is a desire and willingness to consider similar arrangements in the future.
(Employee Name), we are pleased to be able to allow you this flexible scheduling option.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the above description of this alternative work schedule arrangement.